Aluminum is a metal with low density and can resist corrosion. It has become a popular choice for residential and commercial fencing because it is lightweight and durable. Aluminum fences are now made with a lot of styles, sizes and shapes. It also comes with different colors.
Property owners are now choosing aluminum fencing, not only for durability and protection but also for the decorative and ornamental designs it can provide. It can be designed to resemble a steel or wrought iron fence but a lot less expensive. The good thing about aluminum fence is it can be designed to make light weight residential to heavyweight commercial fencing use.
Like with any do-it-yourself project, careful planning and proper education is important to finish the job at hand. I will be listing the tools and materials needed to start the installation process base in Fencing Companies here in Orange County.
- Post hole Digger
- Rubber Mallet
- Post level
- Tape Measure
- Concrete Mix or Secure Set
- End, Line or corner post
- Fence Panels
- Gate and gateposts (optional)
So all your tools and materials are ready, let us start with the installation process.
- Before anything else, always secure permit from your local Home Owners Association. Some HOA have strict guidelines with the types and heights of fences.
- Utility lines. Call 811 to come over to mark the area where the underground cables and lines are located. Believe me you don’t want to mess with the utility lines with your fencing.
- Have your property surveyed to make sure that you are within your boundaries.
STEPS FOR ALUMINUM FENCE INSTALLATION
- Dig the post holes. Make sure that the holes are deep enough to secure the posts.
- Mix concrete or Secure Set. If you are using concrete, pour the concrete into the hole with the posts. Attach stakes to ensure that the posts stay upright while the concrete is still drying.
- Attach the fence. Fasten the panels and the fence. The exact steps will be depending on the brand of fence system you bought.
So you see, installing a fence is not that daunting. With proper planning and education, you should be able to install a fence without any problems.
Always remember to incorporate fun in whatever you do. A happy working environment will result to high quality output.