Kennel fencing is typically chain link with a gate. Chain link is durable and easily capable of withstanding heavy dogs that may jump up with their paws on the fence. They can also be fully secured at the base preventing dogs or other animals to go underneath.
Flooring for exterior kennels is frequently concrete. When choosing concrete be sure to consider proper drainage and slope. To maintain a healthy environment, it is best for the flooring to be free of water pooling with easy cleaning by hose and squeegee.
Other flooring options include pea gravel, slate or paving stones. Concrete is the easiest to keep clean.
Allow for adequate height to prevent animals from jumping over the chain link fence.
Before installation be sure to have the following Orange County Fence tools and materials:
- Measuring tape
- Post Hole Digger
- Concrete or Secure Set
- Pole Caps
- Support posts
- Chain link
- Chain link attachments that are assorted
- Shade cover
Here are the steps for installing a dog fence.
- Measure the area where you would like to set the fence. After measuring, mark the corners.
- Dig the post holes. Holes need to be 1 ½ to 2 feet deep. Mix the concrete or Secure Set into the hole with the posts. If you are using concrete, make sure that it’s thick enough to secure and hold the poles upright. It might be possible to place stakes or supports to ensure that the pole stays upright during drying time.
- Attach the tension rod. Probably several times to make sure that the fence won’t sag. Repeat process as necessary.
- Make sure you and your pet have access to your kennel. Allow enough space to let you and your pet to get in and out of your kennel. You will need to clean your kennel by the way. Measure this allowance before setting the fence post.
- Attach the shading such as a roof or dog house. Be sure to place your shading away from where the dog jumps on roof and over the fence.
- Use rebar if need to hold down bottom of your chain link if you think that it will be a problem. It is advisable to do this as this will help keep the dog from digging its way out.
The steps are simple and easy to follow. As long as you have the knowledge, proper tools and materials it can be quiet easy to install a dog kennel fence. Chain link fencing comes in rolls with posts and gates.
Contact Fence Installation Orange County for a free estimate because we are ready to serve your fencing needs.